Photobucket Knit me, baby, one more time!: Ugh

30 September 2008

Ugh

I was knitting. Quite quickly. I was rather proud of myself. I was working on my first ever hat.
I'd cast on and ripped it out 20 times before I got the cast on and the 1x1 ribbing going right.
Just a reminder of how much of a newbie I really am.
Look at it. Isn't it pretty?
16 rows of lovely, pretty 1x1 ribbing with an alternate cable cast-on!
I was so proud of myself! Until I go to the part where the cables start. After 3 rounds, I realized that something was definitely off.
MY COUNT.
I'd only cast on 100 stitches. Not the 110 that I needed. :(
So, it's now been unraveled. And I'm afraid to start it again.
I was determined to have it done for the festival on Friday. And after getting through all the ribbing, I was certain I could do it.
Not so much anymore.
Ugh.

I'm slowly turning into the type of chick that no mother would want their kid to date.
And I find it oddly funny. Hahaha.
I want to get my lip pierced. I want to get a tattoo.
I WANT TO GET A DAMN MOTORCYCLE! For crying out loud!
And I have a new addiction.
Now, I'm not addicted to them in any way, shape or form.
And I'm not just being all in denial about it. I smoke them when I have them.
If not, I don't go through withdrawals or anything.
And they're just too fun! They're a regular cigarette, but in the filter, they placed a tiny little menthol crystal. Pop the crystal and suddenly you have a menthol.
They're very nice. And very not healthy, I know. But I'm going through my rebellious stage.
Ah, the things I need to catch up on. I missed out on a lot being in a relationship as soon as I graduated from high school.
So many things to do. So much trouble to cause. ;)

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good week! I'm contemplating picking up the hat again. If I mess it up again, the idea may be scratched. We'll see. May the knit be with you!

No comments: